1) Is it necessary to use both Sub-Zero and Wolf in a kitchen to enter the contest?
Yes, either a full-size built-in or integrated unit as the
refrigeration and Wolf equipment as the primary cooking instruments for the
residence must be used. It is not a requirement to use Wolf ventilation,
microwave oven or warming drawer.
2) Do you want the entrant’s name on the entry materials?
No. Please leave your name off the drawings, narrative,
photos or any other material you send us. If you do not follow this step, we
will delete this information to avoid any potential for bias on the part of our
3) What type of photography do I need to include? (Not applicable for student category.)
As the rules spell out, we need a minimum of two images per
entry. Professional photography is not required, but the obvious benefit of a
nicely photographed kitchen would be to your advantage. "Before" shots are also
welcomed. Each image file can be up to 5 megabytes at highest resolution (a
minimum of 300 dpi is recommended). Do not include spaces or special characters
(such as % or & or –), when naming the files and use .jpg rather than .jpeg for
the file extension.
4) Who are the judges?
We are in the process of recruiting judges. We will provide
you with this information as soon as the process is completed. The selections
will be indicative of the high caliber of judges utilized in past KDC contests.
5) Am I strictly limited to 200 words in the narrative?
Yes, please adhere to the rules; however, the judges do not
count words. We rely on the entrant to summarize the problems and design
solutions they offered in their entries in a succinct manner.
6) Can you provide specific suggestions for the narrative?
The narrative can include design challenges encountered, how
these challenges were worked into the design and how the use of Sub-Zero and
Wolf products benefited or brought uniqueness to the design.
7) When and where will the regional winners go for their four-day trip?
The KDC celebration will be in May, 2013, in Madison, WI, at
the Sub-Zero and Wolf headquarters.
8) What is the deadline for the receipt of entries at Sub-Zero and Wolf and when will the regional and international winners be announced?
All entries must be received no later than October 31, 2012.
Regional and international awards winners will be announced in February, 2013.